I teach the Young Women in our church. They are an amazing bunch of gals. In fact I think that I learn more from them than they do from me. Last night we had a special night called "Young Women in Excellence". The girls have projects and goals that they work on throughout the year and every year about this time we recognize their accomplishments. This years theme was "Growing strong in COURAGE".
Yes OF COURSE I wanted to make the cupcakes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to make them. Seriously someone get me a bigger kitchen and a treadmill (bigger kitchen = more room to bake, treadmill= burn off all the cupcakes I eat). Anyway so since the theme was about growing what better symbol of that than a flower. So I found the cutest tutorial at Bakerella for how to make these flowers. Yes you can eat them. LOVE IT.
I also made these flower pens, which were so easy to make (FYI), for the girls to take home. I put them in a little pot like this one and had a ribbon around it with a tag noting the theme. Unfortunately Taylor got to this one before I could take a picture. It was a really nice evening with lots of love!!!
These are some of the projects that the girls have been doing.
I am just very blessed to be apart of their lives and to have them in mine. I am also SO thankful and BLESSED to have such a great Presidency to work with. I have and am learning so much from their examples. I hope to be like them someday.
I am just very blessed to be apart of their lives and to have them in mine. I am also SO thankful and BLESSED to have such a great Presidency to work with. I have and am learning so much from their examples. I hope to be like them someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment