Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some little home crafts

So I had this idea for this wall thing that I wanted to do in our living room. I wanted to do it for as CHEAP as I could of course ( you know me) and so we were looking for our last name wall signs and the cheapest on would be like $60.00 for what I wanted so I was about to loose hope until I found this! Not too cute huh well Nick and I saw a little potential in it so I got it at Ross for $6.00 on clearance.
We then went to a vinyl cut shop in the mall and got this custom vinyl ( I worked a little deal and got this for $20.00) Online the cheapest I found it for was $45.00.

Then we printed out some pictures about $5 bucks and I got most of these frames for free so a total of like $9 for the pictures and paint job and BOOM our cute little wall craft thing. (not really little but still cute I think!) Thanks to Nick for helping me. He is one of those great guys who actually helps with my crafting. (I think hes afraid of me getting all crabby if he doesn't ha ha ha)

While on the subject craftwarehouse was have a fabric sale so Nick went with me and about 2 hours later we came out with two bags full of cute fabrics and Nick even got me some cute scrapbooking paper as a surprise. I doubt many guys read our blog but just in case doing something like this earns you some BIG points! Thanks so much Honey!


Now to the important stuff. Taylor's hair still refuses to grow. I guess it is growing, the few strands she has now that is, but it is not thickening up at all! So after her baths her hair dries pretty fast but just for fun we put this towel turban on her head and we had a cartoon on and in this picture she was dancing!!! It was so funny! I just love her to pieces.

So Nana Jana and Papa Ed got Taylor this set of like 4 sets of dress up shoes. At first she really didn't know what to do with them but oh boy she does now. Everyday she goes over to her toy box and gets them out first. She also is obsessed with being naked, great (sigh), so she has figured out how to take her own clothes off. Here I walked in and saw her just like this watching Nemo. Look at those thunder thighs, wonder where she gets that from???
Seriously, is she done? (FYI this was not staged)
So I made a baby carrier some time ago. It is like a peanut shell carrier and it was seriously so easy to make. Well Taylor loves to be carried around in it. So I had an idea so that all 3 of us didn't have to go for rides together on the Moto...I had Nick wear it and put Taylor in the front. Taylor LOVE LOVE LOVES going for rides on Nicks bike so why not it is just around the block and Nick is OOBER-CAREFUL ( if not this would not fly)

HONESTLY she loves her rides with daddy!!!!

2 comments:

Rikki Raap said...

You are so talented! The wall is so fun. Taylor is adorable! I love the crossing of the legs....at least she is sitting like a lady (naked and all!)

The Roylances said...

Tori you are soo amazing!! The wall looks awesome. Taylor is so funny. What can you do, right?? We will definitely have to get together next time you are in town. I totally understand about the last time... Love ya!!