So if you don't know already I love making treats for Nick to take into work. I make them for Holidays and Special times so for Valentines I had a thought well actually I think Nick may have given me the idea, to do a Chocolate Covered Strawberry inspired cupcake. I was pretty happy with these babies, Chocolate cake filled with whipped topping, whipped cream cheese frosting and chocolate and strawberries. I was afraid of it being too chocolatey but it turned out okay.
I actually took the cupcakes in to Nick's work and he took Taylor and I to the "Olive Grape Store" the Olive Garden. It was such a great time. Thanks Honey!!! Taylor and I LOVED it.
Also I am not Valentines Day's biggest fan so we don't really do a whole lot but Nick always manages to do something SUPER sweet. This year he got Tay and I Mommy Daughter Mani-Pedis and got Taylor this award that YES he MADE. Never ceases to amaze me the creativity and cleverness of this guy. Taylor got daddy a basket ball candy game and a special drink, (coke in a glass bottle). He also got a gift for a message so hopefully with these next stressful months ahead it will be nice to have.
Grandpa Hank (who is always on top of things) Sent Tay a card (like 2 weeks early) and it had special money for Taylor to go and get a special present and so she chose a little mermaid mug. Thanks Grandpa!!!!!!
What a SURPRISE!! Taylor got a HUGE balloon bouquet from Nana. She was so excited. Thanks Nana and Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I wish I would have recorded this little gal. First of all she wrote all of her friends names on their Valentines cards by herself then when we went to deliver them she went to the doors all by herself and gave them to her friends. I was happy and sad at the same time. She is growing up so fast.
For V-day evening we rented KUNG FU PANDA 2 and made coconut limeade (yum) and then watched the dog show....yes the dog show, I blame my mom. Pretty romantic evening right?? ha
This is not Valentines day but it was kind of a big deal. So Nick has told me several times since we have been married about how his mom has made Clam Chowder when he was younger and how he liked it and so I should make it sometime. I get really nervous trying new things (mostly if they don't turn out I get really mad) So about a month ago I called Nicks mom and asked her for her chowder directions and then I got scared and never tried it but I remembered some tips she gave me. Well, FINALLY I worked up the courage to try it ( with a lot of help from Nick) and we ended up with a pretty good result. We made a "red lobster" dinner, soup, salad and cheesy biscuits. We all had a great time and I was pretty excited that it turned out. If you like clam chowder you can get the recipe on my pintrest.

No comments:
Post a Comment