Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Little Sweetsie





June 11th:
Late tonight I finally gave in to nicks pleas to play the Wii with him. We started out playing tennis and I was winning...which was a surprise since nick is amazing at that game. My side started to hurt a little so I gave up after the second game...nick was winning! That night I didn't really sleep very well, a lot of tossing and turning. I got up around 3am to go the bathroom and what do you know my water broke....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I went in to my mom’s room and told her and at first she didn't believe me but after a few contractions she was convinced. She told me to try to relax for s long as I could. Soon 7am came and I went downstairs and told nick what had happened and as calmly as he could he got himself and all of our things ready to go! Mom went to work while nick and I stayed home timing my contractions. My contractions got closer and closer and by 8:45am were about 4-3 min apart! YIKES we headed over to moms work just to see what she thought and she said I should get to the hospital...LONGEST 15min of my life. Word of caution; never ride in a car while in labor! We got to the hospital and they made me ride in a stinking wheel chair, I could still walk.
I felt so silly! Nick this whole time has probably been in more pain than I have been by the faces he had been making. But despite our discomfort he was very helpful and supportive and most of all comforting! I got in and was greeted by our nurse Michelle and she informed me that I was dilated to a 5-6...WHAT? I couldn't believe that I had gotten that far so fast. By 11am I was throwing up with every contraction. It wasn't the contractions so much as the barfing that really had me uncomfortable. I had the mindset to go without the epidural when my nurse said that maybe it would help with the throwing up. I started to consider it at that point, anything to stop the puking! Then nick came to me and said "now remember this is my first experience with all this too, I would like it to be enjoyable...that is you not in pain!" In those movies you always see the wife mad at the husband but how could you be mad at that, what a sweetie Nick is. By then my mom had gotten there….THANK GOODNESS!!!
She was like super woman. She knew how to do everything and how to make me feel confident and comfortable. I got the epidural and looked up at Nick while I was still getting shot in the back and he was tearing up….seriously could I love him more with something like that? Well the nurse was right the epidural stopped the barfing but it also stopped my contractions. Ah nuts! At the rate I was going I was going to have that baby in an hour…about 11:30ish. So now at a halt, I was so mad at myself for caving! I wanted Taylor to come already! Well little by little I started getting back on course. My sisters came in to visit and to offer love and support. Around 1:30pm I was back in business. I was 100% effaced and fully dilated! Mom and the nurse were having me try a practice push but whoa, my practice push was working and the baby was coming! They called the doctor ASAP and within 10mins he was there and Taylor was on her way out! At 2:13pm our beautiful baby girl Taylor Jessi Webb was here! Smaller than we all expected she was 7lbs 4oz and 19 ½ inches long! She had blue eyes and dark hair! She was so perfect…swollen…but perfect! Ever since she has become more and more dear to our hearts! We can’t imagine life without her!

No comments: