Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Sweet Zohie


I am doing this for my wonderful husband but I do warn that this is a sad post.






Zohie Webb


November 17th 2008-June 6th 2009


Beloved pet, wonderful dog, Missed friend




We were going to walmart for who knows what when the puppy signs bombarded the entrance to the parking lot. I just had to look at the puppies just for the fun of it so I mad Nick pull over so we could get out and look. A few golden retrievers, 2 labs and a litter of German Shorthair puppies. The only thing I knew about German Shorthairs is that my uncle had one that he used for hunting. We looked through the litter of pups watching them play and laughing at their fun personalities. We picked a few up and as I was putting one of them away I noticed that Nick hadn't put down a little brown and white puppy. In fact he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. My first thought was "NO, we are not ready for this dog!" But as I watched Nick with "princess" (Zohie's name at the time) I had a feeling I was in trouble. I told him lets go to walmart and think about it but right when we got into the store Nick went straight back to the pet section and began picking out things we would need. He called the breeders negotiating price because Zohie was WAY out of our price range ( I kept reminding him) but I could tell the he was in love and that we needed to get the dog for him. ( Nick had already known he was just waiting for me to catch up) so he called and said we would be there to get her. So forgetting why we even went to walmart in the first place and a dog crate and some kibble later we left the store to go and get our new dog.


That first week was rough. Howling every night and potty training but our little "no name" was a quick learner. The name thing was a toughie too. We looked for 3 if not 4 days looking online and asking others what they thought then we had it...Zohie. Fit her perfectly.

We got her a toy duck that she loved. She was a natural at fetch and a sweetheart with Taylor. She had the best temperament and personality.



She loved the boppy (that is Taylor's nursing pillow). I would find her napping in it all of the time so I guess I have to get a new one for my future babies.



We will miss how great of a pal she was for Taylor. Her energy and love. She loved the water especially the hose. We would squirt her and she would chase the water and try to bite it. It was pretty funny.



She loved those birds too. So many times on walks she would get off the leash and run run run after those birds. She was so good at it. She started pointing so early on so we knew that she was going to be a great hunter. I know that Nick feels the same, we are just so sad that she never got a bird because we know that she wanted one so badly!


For those of you who don't know Zohie was hit by a truck in WA last Saturday. She got out of her kennel and was running after a bird. We, especially Nick, are so sad to have lost a member of our family. Even though Zohie drove me crazy sometimes she was a great dog and kept getting better and better. We love you Zohie and we will always miss you!!

No comments: