Thursday, September 1, 2011

I LOVE OUR GARDEN



I know I post Pictures of our garden all the time but I am super excited about it. Every night Nick goes out and brings in a bunch of bell peppers and tomatoes and zucchinis. The fresh veggies have been piling up and I have had to start using them. I had a lot of tomatoes so today I made tomato soup (never done that before) and it turned out pretty good (I'm not a huge tomato soup fan). I got the recipe here and revised it using some of the comments below. It is good enough to keep so I plan on freezing that and adding either salsa or cream cheese to it when I reheat it. Nothing like soup on a cold day!




Now about the pepper and Zucchinis. I am running out of uses. I have shredded zucchini and fried it and roasted it and made it into bread and look at all that I still have!!@!! I also just found this site that is going to be a huge help. We use bell peppers in many of our dishes but now we have too many to use and I don't want them to go bad so FLASH FREEZING is what I am going to try and do.


I am so glad and BLESSED that we are able to have a garden and that it does so well. (this is the best it has ever done.) Next year I hope to make a bunch of salsa and canned peaches and pickled peppers. I also can't wait to someday get a freezer so I can freeze my own corn and make TONs of Zucchini bread and freeze it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: